Mark your calendar, starting July 13th this year a number of changes are taking effect with respect to the FCC certification and approvals process for intentional and unintentional radiators. Below is a quick synopsis of the major changes along with the specified transition dates.
These changes will have a major impact on your certification planning going forward. If you have questions or need assistance with your wireless device certifications don't hesitate to contact Compatible Electronics, Inc.
- Rules discontinuing FCC acceptance of certification applications (all certification via TCB)
- Codified pre-grant approval procedure that TCBs will follow
- Additional clarification on TCB’s post-market surveillance responsibilities
- Specified steps to address TCB performance deficiencies
- Rules referencing TCB accreditation updated to newest versions.
- Require accreditation of all laboratories that test equipment for certification as well as DoC
- Rules referencing measurement standards updated to newest versions.
- OET gains greater flexibility and authority to address “minor technical issues” and ability to change approved standards to newer versions under § 0.241 Authority delegated.
July 13th, 2015
- FCC will no longer accept applications for equipment certification (Done through TCB)
- FCC Will no longer accept applications for § 2.948 test site listings
Sept 15, 2015
- A TCB shall be accredited to ISO/IEC 17065, guide 65 is deprecated. Accrediting bodies shall meet requirements of ISO/IEC 17011
July 13th, 2016
- All § 2.948 listings remaining valid will expire. Labs may still submit test reports up to Oct. 13, 2016
- Intentional radiator measurements subject to part 15 shall be made using ANSI 63.10-2013
October 13th, 2016 (the big one to remember!)
- All Laboratories submitting test data for support of a certification application must be accredited.
July 13th, 2018
- Radiated measurement labs for 1 – 40 GHz shall comply with C63.4-2014 (CISPR 16-1-4:2010-04) site validation in accordance with clause 5.5.1a)1)
For questions, testing or certification needs under the new rules, please contact Compatible Electronics, Inc.
CFR Title 47 § 2.950 Transition periods
Federal Register Vol. 80 No. 113 June 12, 2015